ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMMON RAIL HIGH PRESSURE PUMP
This procedure is only a supplement to the instructions provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
Activities including a verification of the causes of damage, disassembly and reassembly of the high pressure pump should be performed by skilled personnel, with appropriate technical knowledge. Follow manufacturer's instructions, use recommended by him tools and adhere to the required safety rules. Prior to installation of repaired high pressure pump verify and eliminate the cause of the previous failure. Before attempting to service Common Rail fuel supply system pay particular attention to the following:
1. Thoroughly clean the disassembled components and their immediate neighborhood. Installation of the elements of Common Rail technology must meet specific standards of purity during the service of injection system.
2. Repair system should include a thorough cleaning of the tank (i.e. rail) and high pressure lines. It is recommended to clean these elements in an ultrasonic bath or replaced with new ones.
3. At each stage of the repair of common rail injection system maintain adequate purity. In the presence of contaminants in the area of work you must suck them out.
4. All connections should be made with a torque specified by the vehicle or injection system manufacturer.
5. Verify the purity and quality of the fuel. If the presence of impurities in the fuel is confirmed, it is necessary to clean the tank, replace fuel filter and rinse the entire fuel system. In addition to the injectors provide for the verification the high pressure pump.
Installation steps of high pressure pump:
1. If necessary during the repair properly adjust and lock timing gear.
2. Thoroughly clean or replaced by new fuel lines feeding the pump.
3. Disposable fuel hole plugs should be removed immediately before the connection of elements.
4. Replace the high pressure hose connecting CR pump with high-pressure rail.
5. Replace fuel filter
6. New fuel filter must be filled with pure diesel.
7. Fill the fuel injection system in accordance with the procedure of vehicle manufacturer.
8. If necessary, the first engine start after replacing the pump should be preceded by venting the system.
Nie zalewać pompy nieprzefiltrowanym paliwem. Do not flood the pump with unfiltered fuel. Do not start the engine if the interior of the high pressure pump is not filled with fuel.
Source: ESI[tronic], Autodata.